Tuesday 5 May 2020

Lockdown Jazz III

How about this for a mouthwatering line-up? Jazz in the Round is streaming an evening of live sets on 11 May at 8pm, featuring Tim Garland, James Beckwith, Alina Bzhezhinska and Branford Marsalis.




Branford Marsalis is one of my all-time favourite musicians. His performance at North Sea Jazz Festival a few years back was one of the standout gigs of my entire life! And I caught Alina Bzhezhinska at Fleece Jazz last summer. She delivered a truly captivating performance - particularly given that her bass player and saxophonist never made it to the gig! 

Tim Garland I know from his many recordings, but James Beckwith will be a new one for me. I'm told he's a regular on the fizzing (at least before the pandemic) London scene.

You get the link for the performances when you pay for your £5 ticket here. That price sounds a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When The World Was One: Last Train Jazz Essentials #4

If you've got this far, you'll  probably  have worked out that I'm not much in favour of the obsessive labelling that many music...