Tuesday 3 April 2018

Life gets in the way...

... or, to be precise, the need to earn a crust is getting in the way. 

I was planning to catch Kristian Borring, a guitarist who's been intriguing me for a while, at the lovely Colchester Arts Centre Jazz Club this coming Sunday. I'd bought tickets upfront, too.

Alas, as one who languishes in the gig economy (now there's an irony) I'm forced to take some work on next week, under pain of not being offered any more by this particular exploitative... ahem, entirely reasonable and ethical organisation - not to mention my partner's heavy hints about my contribution to the household budget. Double alas, the parlous state of our public transport means I need to travel down to Maidstone on Sunday night, suffering the usual weekend engineering works that can turn the simplest journey into a homeric epic, if I'm going to get there on time.  

Looks like Jazzy G will have to go it alone. At least I've got tomorrow night's Eyolf Dale album launch gig to console myself with - of which, more later.

Meanwhile, here's a taste of Kristian Borring to be getting on with:





No comments:

Post a Comment

When The World Was One: Last Train Jazz Essentials #4

If you've got this far, you'll  probably  have worked out that I'm not much in favour of the obsessive labelling that many music...